Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Genius Idea




So last night I went to McKinnon's Pub in downtown Hartford, CT. They had an Irish folk session where a whole bunch of musicians come to "jam." Most of them are over the age of 65. My brother however is the exception. He is 20 years old and is what I like to call a folk music savant. It is on rare occasions that I attend these gatherings for the boredom and repetitiveness is at times too much to bare but last night I said what the hell I don't have anything else to do. And it's a good thing I went because I came up with a genius idea! There were so many characters there that my head was spinning. I whipped out my sketchbook and began to draw whatever faces I could see. From these sketches spawned the idea of a project I'd like to call "PUB FACE," a series of comical portraits based on these well seasoned CT musicians. It would work as a gallery show that travels to pubs all around the state...

No comments:

Post a Comment